- All GPX flylines are now 40% off!!!-In stock quantity only.
- NEW-Used Tackle-see below
- Today is Friday, October 9thth, 2015 at 6:30 a.m with an air temp of 53 degrees under cloudy skies. This is Columbus Day weekend-it arrived quickly. It will be really nice except for today when we will have periods of rain with a high of 63. All rivers are at below normal flows and the rain is more than welcome. Water temps have cooled a great deal and are no longer an issue. Tomorrow, Saturday, will be even cooler. Weather has become more fall-like and water temps have dropped as much as 5 degrees. Most hatches are generally mid to late afternoon and are a mix of Olives and Caddis as well as a few Isonychias and spinners. Most insect emergence is from mid-afternoon on. Fall foliage is close to peak, if not at peak, so enjoy the scenery when you are on a river. Caddis flies are an important fall hatch and both surface and subsurface patterns are needed. If you are thinking about fall fishing in the Catskills, mid September to late October is a good time to fish.
- DEP COMPLETES Cannonsville Dam Repairs- repairs were successful and finished ahead of schedule so that the cloudy discharge into the WB has been stopped. Intensive monitoring of the river will continue until Cannonsville refills in the spring.
FLIES-Again this year we will have some new patterns that will cause both you and the fish to take notice. Everyone at Catskill Flies are fly tyers so we are in a good position to help you select materials for your personal flies. We also offer a custom fly tying service.
USED TACKLE- ZXL-9ft, 5wght 4 piece rod with tube in good condition-$360.
RODS-We are proud to have Scott Rods on board. These premium rods are made in the USA and are a joy to both cast and fish.
SIMMS-Simms now has a zipper front wader in the freestone model that doesn't require a second mortgage to own and yet have the famous Simms quality.
A New Year has come and as we get into 2015, it is hard to believe that we've been around for almost 20 years-trying to serve our customers to the best of our ability. We wish you a wonderful 2015 with the best fishing one can imagine. We are now open daily for the rest of the season.
Should you want the e-mail blasts, you must send us your e-mail address. The one on wet fly fishing was re-sent to those who requested it. If you want it but didn't sign up, just e-mail us a fax number to get a copy. We will be doing one shortly, with more to follow over the fall and winter, now that the busy season has calmed down.
Remember you can find us on Instagram, get updates via Twitter, or simply go to catskillflies.com for all the latest and accurate fishing info. By the way, we now have wi-fi available in the shop.
From now on our special events, sale merchandise & coupons as well as tips on how to catch more fish will all be encompassed in our new e-mail alerts. Just sign up in the shop or e-mail us your interest and you will be included. One should be coming out shortly,
For those who want a Simms product we don't have in stock, we will have it drop shipped to you at NO additional cost.
We will continue using TWITTER in 2015 for those of you who utilize this source of information. The coming year will be our 17th year of giving ACCURATE daily stream information on-line.Stream Conditions-Friday-Oct. 9th, 2015 6:30 a.m.
|Beaverkill||small Olives, Caddis, Isos, Spinners||112||49 yest. a.m.||fishable|
|Neversink||same as above||88||54.9||fishable|
|West Branch||same as above, paraleps||1060-dropping||57.6||floatable|
|Willowemoc||same||90||48.5 yest. a.m.||wadeable|
BK on 6/6/15 -this took place at Cairns pool.
Tom took this beauty on the Beaverkill with a #22 Pheasant Tail om 5/25/15.
Frankie took this nice fish on 4/25/15. He also took a bunch of others. Good work.
Pepper took this nice fish on the MainStem on Sunday.
Geoff took this nice fish on 5/4/15 on the main stem using a Hendrickson CD.
Sean had a great day 5/4/15 on the Neversink using small streamers.
Jim took this beauty on the
Beaverkill on 4/30. Nice fish!
A proud moment between buddies-Jim and Robbie! Again on the Beaverkill.
Measured 18" brown taken by this young man Taylor yesterday, Saturday 5/9, on the Beaverkill.
Thanks for all the pics you are e-mailing us. Every year we are surprised by the size of some of the fish caught. We post them as quickly as we can. Please send it in a format we can use=Paintshop Pro. We will acknowledge the fisherman. if you give us your name, the river you were fishing, the date and the fly you were using. Just e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description. Help make this the best year ever.
You all know how much we appreciate our customers many of whom have been with us for 10 years or more. If there are any suggestions on how to make any improvements, please convey them to us either in person or via the computer. This is our 20th year in Roscoe. Stop in to say hi..We love seeing each one of you and making new friends.You can get your license by calling 866-933-2257 Monday through Friday. That call will give you a transaction number which is good for two weeks, until your actual license arrives by mail. It is so easy. Just have your old license available, if you have one, and your credit card to cover the cost. If possible, secure your license either where you live or on-line.
STORE HOURS-DailyWEATHER-Now cloudy and 53. Today periods of rain and 63. Tonight clouds breaking, cool and 41. Tomorrow, Saturday, partly sunny and 56.
.Looking ahead- Sunday mostly sunny, nice and 65. Monday sunny and 69. Tuesday spotty showers and 61.
**** During Season-if on any given day there is no report published, it means that our server was down early in the morning when we do our report. We attempt to publish every morning between 5 and 6 a.m. and continue to do so daily through October. It could also mean our computer is giving us problems. Our e-mail address is email@example.com.
FLY OF THE WEEK
This is the twenty-seventh fly of the 2015 fishing season. This is our Crystal Caddis.
This Caddis imitation works well when fish are feeding on Caddis nymphs and it's one of my go-to-flies.
- Hook- Wapsi ST 3, TMC 2457 #14
- body-cream sparkle braid
- bead-gold 1/8
- Thorax-Peacock ice dubbing
All species specific flies are tied in the shop. This assures accurate color and silhouette. Let us assure you that we actually tie our own flies and are busy doing it 12 months a year, 7 days a week. We are an anomoly-we still do it the old fashioned way to make sure you get the best possible fly for your money and one that actually works. We are fly tyers!